We are always looking for talented directors to join our fold. If you think thats you why not get in touch with us.
Guidelines for Directors pitching for a show
- You need to be an experienced Director for the Pranksters or another group, or have directed a Pranksters play-in-a-day/month, or been Assistant Director for a Pranksters show.
- You should put in a choice of at least two different shows – they could be both for the same slot/venue, or two different ones. Please specify which slot and which venue you are pitching for each play and why.
- The cast. Please give an idea of cast number, rough ages and break-down of male/female roles available.
- The target audience –e.g. is the production suitable for a student audience? Why do you think it will appeal?
- Brief summary of the plot of each play that you submit
- Why do you think the play is suitable for the Pranksters? (have a look on the website for a list of all our past productions if you are not sure!)
- Please submit a draft budget for each play/production. This should include the royalties (if applicable), costumes (e.g. is it period?), set, props. In addition, there will be the publicity/printing costs, the Electric Theatre charges (if for this venue), rehearsal room hire (at the moment £25 per evening, so estimate how many rehearsals you will need). Please ask for a copy of a balance sheet for a previous production if you need more detail.
- Any other information you feel the committee should know in order to make a choice.
If you would like to submit a proposals contact us by email.