Performance and Rehearsal Schedule
We produce three main shows each year:
- Spring performance – Usually at the Electric Theatre, Guildford
- Summer performance – Usually at Guildford’s historic Castle Grounds or in the Castle Keep
- Autumn production – Usually at a site specific location
Play in a month
- We also produce a play in a month each year where the cast rehearse and perform in four weeks flat. The ‘Play in a Month’ session is great fun and a great opportunity for anyone interested in trying their hand at amdram or wanting to perform without the commitment of a long rehearsal period.
Between all of that, we like to take part in Drama Festivals – Here are some of our successes:
- Leatherhead Drama Festival: Winners of the Michael Caine Award for Best Performance in the adult category. Andy Fairweather: Nomination for Best Actor, Kirsty Lane: Nomination for Best Actress, Marie Gardner: Special Mention for Direction.
- Woking Drama Festival: Jonathan Cotterill : Winner of Best Supporting Actor , Kirsty Lane: Nomination for Best Supporting Actress, Leo Lyon: Nomination for Best Lighting.
- Spelthorne Drama Festival :Kirsty Lane and Alison Nichol: joint winners of Best Actress, Pranksters : Runners up award for Best Performance at the festival, Pranksters: Winners of Best Stage Presentation, Jonathan Cotterill: Nomination for Best Actor, Dan Bundy: Nomination for Best Supporting Actor, Marie Gardner: Nomination for Best Director, Pranksters: Nomination for Best Comedy Performance
“The Infant “2012:
- Leatherhead Drama Festival: Philip Hutchinson : Nomination for Best Actor
- Woking Drama Festival: Philip Hutchinson: Winner of Best Actor, Marie Gardner: Nomination for Best Actress, Tony Carpenter: Nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
“Hidden in This Picture” 2011:
- 2 nominations for best actor (Leatherhead and Woking), Nathan Jones :winner of Best Supporting Actor (Woking), Leo Lyons : Lighting award (Woking) and Pranksters won 2nd place overall (Woking)
Rehearsals are usually held in Guildford (but from time to time Woking)
We rehearse 1-2 times during the week, this will change from show to show. These are usually smaller groups and scenes.
The director will be able to tell you about this at auditions. they are usually 8-10pm.
We also have a Sunday rehearsals where we run through the whole show (We often end up in the Pub after).